The first module of the Training Programme is designed to provide to participants a comprehensive and broad overview of the development of Advanced Therapy Products. Participants will learn about the scientific principles that underpin the evolution of ATP treatment. The module will cover the introductory concepts of manufacturing process of ATPs, characterisation, and potential applications concisely. By shedding light on the regulatory requirements for ATP-related operations, this module will also prepare participants for more advanced discussions in the subsequent module of the Training Programme.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of Advanced Therapy Products (ATPs)
- Describe the differences between ATPs and conventional therapeutic products
- Evaluate critically the immunological and pharmacological principles of ATPs
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Good Manufacturing Practice operations
- Discuss the challenges associated with development and manufacturing of ATPs
Please refer to our Programme Dashboard for details.